That’s easy to say and tough to translate into action. So, with the client's permission, let me illustrate a few points.
Charlie Puissegur owns a consulting firm that helps small business owners grow their business. He does this by providing a range of expert services related to sales, marketing, accounting, strategic planning and more.
To guide clients through a buyer-centered sales process, Charlie developed a three-page tipsheet. (See the illustration immediately below.) This tool worked well for Charlie and his clients. Nonetheless, it was time to dial up the visual impact and present the information in a clear, concise manner that reflected the quality services he delivered.
- Designed a layout suited to the immediate challenge and flexible enough to accommodate a range of uses in the future
- Established basic style guidelines and used them
- Edited the content to reduce volume, improve clarity and streamline the language
- Created a clear, step-by-step list to help clients turn information into action
- Developed more advanced graphics to anchor and communicate pivotal points in an attractive, useful manner
The Buyer-Centered Sales System tipsheet now serves as a polished, professional piece suited to print or web display. (See the illustration immediately below.)