Nonetheless, case studies continue to be classic, useful marketing pieces. Here are five reasons why they work for B2B efforts:
- Case studies are a great way to tell good stories, and good stories are as effective today as they've been since the dawn of time.
- Well-crafted case studies are so versatile, they can be used to market, sell, train, develop, brand and more.
- Because they deal with real problems, solutions and people, they're often more persuasive than a generic brochure.
- Online, they attract traffic to your website and boost search engine rankings.
- In print, they give you and your sales team something useful to share with prospects and customers, and they make great handouts at presentations, workshops and trade shows.
It takes effort and discipline to collect data, testimonials, examples and results then translate that information into something meaningful and useful. This can be challenging for small businesses, but it’s well worth the effort.
Case studies are only one piece of the B2B marketing puzzle, but they can be an effective way to use what you know to build your business and your brand.
- Case Study | The Case for Cross-Selling 
- Marketing | Create Targeted Content to Build Your Brand
- Case Study | How B2B Content Helps Boost Online Findability
Case Studies | 5 Ways They Work for You (coming Feb 23)