This change doesn't negate the fact that success stories are one of the most popular and effective ways to market your business and build your brand. They’re pivotal pieces in the B2B marketing and promotion picture.
They come in all shapes and sizes and all levels of quality. Some are mere puffery. The best ones share valuable insights into how you used your products and services to solve a real-world problem for a customer.
Here are five reasons why you should be developing and using high-quality success stories. They:
- Help prospects and customers understand your products and services in action.
- Provide substance to all your marketing, sales and promotion efforts.
- Are effective in every format, from compact to comprehensive.
- Drive traffic to your website or business blog.
- Make powerful marketing collateral, as a follow up or precursor to a sales meeting.
- Are substantive handouts in presentations and speeches.
- Define best practices for employee training.
- Help suppliers, vendors and partner companies understand who you are and what you do.
- Remind you, your employees and your clients of all the things you’ve done right and well.
To build your own success story, read our do-it-yourself (DIY) series: